Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavillion all in one 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hard drive sDST test failed error code

plhk3g-9a5ahh-gxps3f-60xc03

symptoms:

windows boots, gets to login screen.  then is unresponsive or very VERY slow to respond to any mouse movements or keyboard inputs.

I think the hard drive has failed, but need confirmation,

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
PLHK3G-9A5AHH-GXPS3F-60XC03OKXXXXXXXXXX2/18/21303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

After you replace the drive, using another Windows PC with W7 64 bit or newer, use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

While I am replacing the drive, can I switch to a SATA based SSD using a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes you can do that as long as you can find a 3.5" to 2.5" caddy that will work for your needs.

They make so many different designs, and some will be much better than others.

A SSD is the way to go.

HP Recommended

Hello
yes that shouldn't be a problem

that said, you must be able to install an m2 type SSD

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-r100-all-in-one-desktop-series/19421054/model/21...

One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD

Try to recover your personal data if possible on the HDD

Try this site to find a compatible SSD

Welcome to Crucial USA

Once the data is recovered, you can try formatting the HDD drive, sometimes this allows you to reuse the HDD.
But the data must be backed up regularly

You can try several things in order to try to recover your data, I give some explanations here, but in French!

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

You can try a bootable cd / dvd type live cd (linux)

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-retrieve-windows-files-using-a-linux-live-cd/you can try removing the hard drive, in order to connect it to another computer internally, or with a usb adapter!

https://www.muo.com/tag/connect-get-data-off-hard-drive/
If your disk is not completely out of order, this gives you a small chance

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Are you saying this model has a m.2 slot?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, your PC has a M.2 slot where you could install a M.2 SSD as an alternative, but I don't know if the slot supports SATA drives, NVMe drives or both.

HP Pavilion 24-r114 All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The Crucial memory/SSD report only shows 2.5" SSD's for sale.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 24 series | Pavilion 24-r114 All-in-One | Crucial...

HP Recommended

@jasonr1023 wrote:

Are you saying this model has a m.2 slot?

yes !

I also say that you can try to recover the data, from your hard drive, replacing it is good, but if we can save what is on it, it is a plus, that we indicate not often to the user!
You can also try to reinstall it in the factory, sometimes this allows you to be able to use it for a certain time, it all depends on the failure, more or less serious!
And you can actually install an M2, format the HDD completely, after recovering the data, and maybe still be able to use it as a second drive!
But with a risk that it breaks down completely!

[edit]

hard to certify, but you have for example a model, same motherboard here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-r100-all-in-one-desktop-series/19421054/document...

Vulcan-UF

you have here the HP reference

(that said I have found other models with another type of ssd M2)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I appreciate everyone's help.

I've disassembled the unit, it does indeed have an 80mm m.2 slot!

The motherboard specifications simply state One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD...

Is it NVMe compatible?  Second question, is it pcie gen 2 x2,  pcie gen 3 x4, or (doubtful) pcie gen 4 x4?

Thanks everyone!

HP Recommended

We don't have that info here, looked at my previous answer, it just mentioned a m2 NVMe
256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State
Try the scan with crucial

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.