Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have a problem, i wish to overclock my RAM by increasing its speed in the UEFI or BIOS of my system, only problem is I am unable to get in to said UEFI, when i press ESC, get in to the system boot menu, and hover over the 'Run UEFI aplication" Button, and press enter,nothing happens.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Generally, to get into BIOS on any HP it's F10. So either keep tapping F10 when you turn it on, or keep tapping ESC until the blue menu comes up and then tap F10 once.

Even once you're in there though, there more than likely won't be anywhere for you to 'tweak' the RAM speed. Genuine HP mainboards / BIOS' don't allow for overclocking RAM or CPU (unless it's a HP gaming PC such as an Omen, perhaps)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.