Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Install Windows 7 Enterprise on New SDD M.2 NVMe HDD

HP 800 G3 SFF New Samsung M.2 NVMe HDD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is anyone having problems mounting an Windows 7,  Fresh Install on a NVMe HDD?  I have preformed the following.

-injected SoftPaq downloaded from HP with all the system Drivers

-Injected Windows Hot-Fixes

-injected SamSung NVMe Driver from the Website.

Bios Setup

Enabled Legacy, and Disabled Secure

What is happening is when I boot to my Thumb Drive with the updated drivers.  I get the installation Setup, My keyboard and Mice are functional, but my  HDD is not an option to select from to mount the setup on. I suspect its something in the BIOS to be able to boot to PCI/ Express instead of the standard Sata selection, but I don't see an option within the BIOS to enable. What I also don't see is Comptability Support Manager as some Intel Documentation has pointed me to.

When I do a BIOS test for hardware check,  the checks fails to recognize the hard drive "No HDD installed".

If I return to factory settings within the BIOS the Drive is there, but that is UFEI mode. When I place back to Legacy mode, the drive is not an option.

Weeks later.

I figured it out!!!!

Again this is still Install WIndows 7x64 (Any version of 7).

• This will fix your problem with the keyboard and mouse  not moving too.
  • what I was expriencing was  Mounting the image on the Drive (Samsung NMVe SDD).

I will try to make this straightfoward, and not to Techy. Because I did a Ton of research and weeks later I stumpled on my solution.

Note: Please save any data before you attempt to Reimage or install a new image on a PC.

1.) Setup your BIOS to recognize your Hard drive under legacy mode.   Windows 7 install will not work under the UEFI mode. If the HDD doesn't appear than you will not be able to mount the image on the HDD, so be sure to setup your BIOS for LEGACY mode and any potential settings for you model. I had to disable Optain too.

2.) You will need a Host PC with a DVD Drive to work on updating your base image using Window AIK installed on the Host PC. So be sure to install Windows AIK on your Host PC, this will allow you to work on the injecting model drivers and Windows Hotfixes.

3.) You will need to Update two files on the Windows 7 base image. the Install.WIM and Boot.WIM File. So from the Windows 7 Disc, copy all the contents and place them on the root of the C: drive your Host pc. From there you want to extract the two files, Install.wim and Boot.wim. Refer to Step 6 for details.

4.) Download Windows HOT Fixes, and Drivers Refer to the Link on Setup 5.

Note: It is best to download all the drivers from the SofPAq Download Manager, HP's Application its free and you can choose your model

5.) Follow this LINK as it tell you how to perform such. This will be a little hard to follow so copy past as need for commands. The commands will not work without Windows AIK installed on your Host PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitedesk-800-g3-small-form-factor-pc/15257618/document/c050...

6.) After you have updated the Install and Boot files you can move them your WDS server or just setup a bootable usb thumb drive. Refer to Steps listed on the Link on Setup 5.

Or

Simply go to the Link and Run from there.

Good Luck!

HP will redirect you to the link if you are trying to fix your Keyboard and mice not moving during the install process or Hard drive not showing for the installation process.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Install Windows 7 Enterprise on New SDD M.2 NVMe HDD

Also, see: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-blocking-SSD-upgrades-with-newer-systems-an...

Seemingly, a recent BIOS-update disables the usage of SSD devices.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation