Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to boot from DVD(after changing Boot Order in Bios)

HP Compac Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've entered the BIOS to change the boot sequence so that I can boot from the DVD drive in the machine and install a different OS than the one the PC had. The boot change screen is different than the one I am used to but after changing the sequence in everyway possible, I think, the machine still boots from the hard drive and skips the CD in the DVD drive.

Bios mode UEFI

SMBIOS vers 2.7

This is the screen I see when I select Boot Order.

UEFI Boot Sources
Windows Boot Manager
USB Floppy/CD
USB Hard Drive
IP6 Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
IP4 Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Cheers  Gary

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,258 107,439 17,020 26,065
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to boot from DVD(after changing Boot Order in Bios)

Hi, Gary:

I have the one model series older 8200 Elite (CMT) and I was able to boot from the DVD by enabling the legacy boot sources option in the BIOS.

Shortcut to Temporarily Override Boot Order

To boot one time from a device other than the default device specified in Boot Order, restart the

computer and press Esc (to access the boot menu) and then F9 (Boot Order), or only F9 (skipping

the boot menu) when the monitor light turns green. After POST is completed, a list of bootable

devices is displayed. Use the arrow keys to select the preferred bootable device and press Enter.

The computer then boots from the selected non-default device for this one time.

To boot from the legacy DVD drive, you actually have to move the indicator below where it is labeled as a DVD drive and hit the enter key.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation