Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-291
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.  Created repair disc and tried to run per instructions on internet.  System did not respond to instructions so logged onto BIOS screen and changed boot order to CD/DVD drive and then saved selection.  Loaded repair disc in drive but system reverts to booting from computer hard drive. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@UofA69 

You can try forcing boot from the disk by pressing F9 repeatedly while rebooting. This will bring up the Boot Devices menu, where you should see the CD, and then select that. 

If that still does not work, I would suspect the disk was not created properly or is not bootable -- and to check that, you would need to try booting a different PC from that disk.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@UofA69 

You can try forcing boot from the disk by pressing F9 repeatedly while rebooting. This will bring up the Boot Devices menu, where you should see the CD, and then select that. 

If that still does not work, I would suspect the disk was not created properly or is not bootable -- and to check that, you would need to try booting a different PC from that disk.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.