Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 610-1280qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this problem with my touchsmart 610-1280qd.  Facts:

-Boots to the blue screen HP logo when nothing pressed on the keyboard.  Says "press ESC for startup options," except pressing ESC does nothing.

-When F10 is pressed after power button, it goes to a black screen with some system info at the top left, "setup" in the lower right corner, and the same "press ESC for startup options."  Unable to get out of this screen as well.  

-When F2 (diagnostics) is pressed after pwr button, it is the same as above except the word "diagnostics" is in the lower right.  Again, unabe to do anything else.

-I've replaced the CMOS battery, R&R all memory modules, and tried leaving unplugged for 24hrs with no luck.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@borgf15 wrote:

Sorry, I should have mentioned i've already checked the drive.  With the drive removed it exhibits the same behavior.

Do I understand you correctly that this means a bad motherboard?

Motherboard failure (bios)

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI.

You should check the hard drive, if you paste the image of the logo, there are ds options of the failure that would be as I say the hard disk or motherboard in case you discard the board disconnect the hard disk if you remove it and go from the logo screen Bios HP and gives an error and would be fine if removing it is still the same is the motherboard.

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Sorry, I should have mentioned i've already checked the drive.  With the drive removed it exhibits the same behavior.

HP Recommended

@borgf15 wrote:

Motherboard failure (bios)

Regards.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies.  Are we 100% sure on this?  I'd hate to trash this PC if there's an easy fix...

I'm suspecting the same thing, but are there any other opinions?  (nothing against you GPU, just covering my bases here)

Thanks!

HP Recommended

In rear case it also happend if there is problem with the dvd drive once disconnect the dvd drive power cable and data cable then turn on the computer

HP Recommended

Tried the optical drive...no luck.  Guess it's a fried MB.  Thanks guys for the assist on this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.