cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to boot

HP Recommended
Omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys I have a problem with my computer. It turns on but does not boot. I’ve tried resetting the cmos battery (there is no cmos jumper). I’ve tried plugging in without ram or the graphics card. I’ve disconnected and reconnected every single cable and the cpu. (Applied more thermal paste) And I’m more than sure that the PSU is not failing. Not sure if it is a windows thing or something is wrong with my motherboard. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,271 6,256 595 1,331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like a hardware problem if the PC will not POST and you cannot tap "ESC" at system startup to enter the HP UEFI Startup Menu. This menu has various options such as: entering the BIOS, using HP Diagnostics to check hardware, or running a HP factory recovery.

Refer to this (Link). See "Opening the BIOS Setup Utility".

The PC will never start Windows if the PC cannot POST due to a hardware problem.

You also removed the MB battery to reset CMOS with no change in startup behavior.

You pulled the RAM and the graphics card and reseated all cables.

Have you tried one stick of RAM in each memory slot to check for bad RAM?

Have you tried starting the PC with all SATA drives and front USB disconnected from the motherboard (MB)?

If yes, then you are possibly looking at a power supply or MB problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation