Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello all,

I have an HP AIO desktop that my younger sister gave me about a month ago.

When I tried to boot it up this morning, it gave off 3 long beeps and 4 short beeps. After it repeated the sequence 5 times, it showed an "Unsupported adapter installed" warning, and then shut down.

The computer in question is an HP AIO desktop, model # TPC-Q045-22 running Windows 11 Home. And I have tried plugging it into another outlet and it boots into Windows without any issues.

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Seems like an intermittent hardware problem.  It could be temperature related  When you tried another outlet the system had warmed up to enough to where it started working.

The following test might help to identify the problem

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

Skip down to the UEFI where you press ESC and then F2 to run the power on test

If no problem shows up then run the extensive test

This system came with windows 10.  Did this problem show up before it was upgraded to windows 11?

You did not provide your system ID.   I looked up your model,TPC-Q045-22, and did not see any drivers newer than Dec 2018

There have been a lot of change to windows 10 since 2018 and the lack of updates is not a good feeling when running windows 11.  However, the model name can provide misleading info.

Please post the following information by running your HP  Support Assistant and clicking on Device Specifications

-Product number

-System board

-System BIOS

please do not include your serial number as a moderator may delete everything

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Just completed a move, and I finally located and unpacked the HP all in one Pavillion and tried to power it up.

It did not boot up. Instead, there was a black screen, a series of loud beeps for nearly a minute then an Error Message that was,”Unsupported adapter installed,” and it automatically shut off.

Referring to this forum and those who experienced the same difficulty, I tried the unplugging, the hard shut down, the vacuuming....no success.

Advice?

HP Recommended

@JH43 wrote:

Just completed a move, and I finally located and unpacked the HP all in one Pavillion and tried to power it up.

Something got jarred loose.  Another possibility is the move.  Did the time zone change? Battery run down due to not plugged in?

You wrote that windows is working after you tried another outlet. If it is working then maybe it will not happen again.

Otherwise you can open it up and examine all the cables that connect devices and ensure they are secure

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987049

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.