Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade BIOS to HP BIOS A0.11 with created flash key, fails validation! No .SIG file.

HP Pavilion Desktop - 500-500z
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The Desktop locks up on first shutdown and restart after reinstallation of Microsoft Windows 8.1 Set-Up . Not able to use the PC normally because of freezes, non responding OS. So I executed F2 run an Extensive Hardware Test... PASSED?!

Possible BIOS error or corruption?  Current BIOS A0.07 and Current OS Windows 8.1 Pro.

I tried Upgrade to BIOS ver A0.11 (Jan. 16, 2017 recommended by HP) followed instructions to create Flash drive "HP_TOOLS." Reboot and hold ESC, enter F2 and execute BIOS Update and message is " Validation Fail ." No signature file for the .bin file?!

I can't even use the reinstallation DVDS to Factory State because the first time it reboots to complete an OS install,  it Locks up after reboot and the install FAILS!

I can reinstall OS from Microsoft Windows 8.1 Set-Up and install Updates and it does the same, locks up and interrupts the updates and fails. Rebooting into Windows Locks up and then nothing to do but reset.  😞

Any advice on a fix for this PC problem would be very helpful because currently I can't use the Desktop at all.

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade BIOS to HP BIOS A0.11 with created flash key, fails validation! No .SIG file.

Hi @Orichaoco,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the computer no longer boots into Windows. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution. I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

How did you install Windows 8 Pro? As HP does not support installation of Windows 8.1 Pro

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support so that they can help you check if the recovery media is available for your PC. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that the built 2015 HP PC Pavillion Desktop 500 is OEM Windows 8.1 Pro, so why would I bother with original Factory Restore DVD's for complete drivers and supported programs? If HP Support doesn't support 8.1 Pro should I Upgrade to Windows 10? Microsoft is still supporting Updates and software for this system. Thanks for your advice, but the issue is the BIOS update problem which is not being addressed. If HP recommends firmware upgrades for functionality of current PC's and recommends it to fix issues, why does HP offer firmware upgrades to up to date systems? That is signature files to accompany bin files to validate critical hardware upgrades? A0.11 Rev. A is without a .sig file to validate the bin file? This Desktop had symptoms of errors booting into windows and shutting down progressively worse each time. To the present time, not even usable.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Orichaoco,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have installed Windows 8.1 pro and having issues with the Bios, As mentioned on the previous post, installation of Windows 8.1 pro is not supported. I would suggest here is to get back to the original Operating system which was shipped with the PC. 

If you haven't created one, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support to order a set of recovery media for your PC.

Please use the link from the previous post to contact our HP phone support.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation