Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
260-p025d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am traying to upgrade my SATA3.5 inch HDD to Samsung  860EVO SSD. I done clone via Samsung Data Migration.

After replace the HDD with SDD, the PC cant boot and when startup can't go in bios system/system hang. Any advise?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen a few instances similar to yours.

Some HP consumer PCs have issues with some SATA SSDs. I don't know why this is true.

You should be able to enter the BIOS to check if the new SSD is detected in the BIOS. A SATA device is a SATA device. You should be able to enter the BIOS when the new SSD is connected to the system.

Connect the factory HDD as the primary boot disk and connect the new SSD to a second SATA port then boot to Windows installed on the HDD to see if the BIOS detects the SSD as a secondary storage device.

Try cloning the SSD using Macrium Reflect free (Link).

Try a different SSD: HP, Crucial, Team, San Disk, or others.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank for your advice. 

I tried connect new SSD via SATA USB cable and boot the PC (HDD remain as primary), no issue at all and it able to enter BIOS.

Once enter BIOS, it able to detect both HDD and new SSD.

I have tried to cloned using Samsung migration software and Macrium Reflec software, both give the same results (cant boot /Hang/cannot enter BIOS)

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Connecting using a USB/SATA adapter verifies the SSD works.

But try using a internal SATA connection with this device to see if you can see the drive in the BIOS.

Some HP consumer PCs have problems with some SATA SSDs. This could be the problem.

Your PC could fall into this category if you cannot see the drive using a SATA connection.

Regards 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.