Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this prebuilt PC from Walmart because I really liked the case and the small form factor. Before this, I had a PC that i had built myself just a few months ago and I have been using. I wanted to switch out the stock SSD that comes with the HP Pavillion 690-0073w. Upon opening up the case and adding my old SSD (intel 660p m.2 NVMe 1TB), the PC is unable to boot. The error message that I get looks like this

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk -(3FO)

F2 - System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit:

http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

I know that my old SSD has an operating system installed because I was just using it last night. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The only thing I can think of would be if the 660p is using MBR.

Try booting to the drive as a Legacy device (non UEFI) using the HP Boot Menu (F9).

You may have Windows activation problems if you can boot to the OS installed on the 660p.

You may have to clone the operating system from the HP drive to the 660p.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would enter the BIOS to verify the Intel 660p is recognized in the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes, the drive is recognized on the BIOS, but it just won’t load. I have also tried changing the boot priority and that hasn’t helped either. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only thing I can think of would be if the 660p is using MBR.

Try booting to the drive as a Legacy device (non UEFI) using the HP Boot Menu (F9).

You may have Windows activation problems if you can boot to the OS installed on the 660p.

You may have to clone the operating system from the HP drive to the 660p.

Regards

HP Recommended

I booted as a Legacy device and it worked!

Thank you so much for your help. It didn't even give me windows activation issues. Last question, is it okay to keep booting it as a legacy device? would that cause any issues down the line?

HP Recommended

Nguyenvinn,

You're very welcome.

I am surprised you don't have a Windows activation problem.

I would think the drive is using MBR instead of GPT.

You can use MBR on Windows 10 with no problems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.