Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 32 a009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new Envy 32 a009na desk top has stopped working properly. It takes an age to start up and when it does, then  takes an age to do anything.   I have done all the tests and checks via the HP Assistance and all passed - this has taken me about 4/1/2 hours - nothing has changed.   The computer still does not work.  At times I am unable to get a response from the start menu,

Have I wasted a couple of thousand pounds? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Johnjj1 

Did the HP Assistant tests include drive diagnostics -- is that why it took a long time?

IF so, you are basically out of luck regarding testing because a really SLOW PC is nearly always a failing drive and the diagnostics would have found this.

How old is the PC?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks for all the replies - I ended up getting some help from HP - they instructed me to do some testing on the Bios (cannot recall exactly what) but the PC is now working beautifully.    Grateful for the help so freely given on this forum

HP Recommended

@Johnjj1 

It's good that it is working --but what they probably told you to do was go into the BIOS startup menu and run the various diagnostics -- which is a good thing to do, but that will not fix anything, it will only report hardware issues that it finds.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.