Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have had a number of reports from ProDesk 400 G3 SFF users complaining of a WDF_VIOLATION BSOD - they are currently unable to boot up.

We are logging a ticket with customer support, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this today?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

more then 12 machain affected with the same fault

I tried system recovery and also reset windows

finally another general message appeared to 7 pcs titled with "TPM Ppi"

"A configuration change was requested to enable , active, cleare and activate this computer TPM (trusted plateform module),

Note; this section will turn on the TPm

warning; cleare erase information TPM,

you will lose all created keys and acessess to data encryption by these keys

take ownershio as soon as possible after this step

press f1 = ACCEPT

PRESS F2 = reject"

HP Recommended

found out that

Windows update HP Development Company LP System 11/19/17 12:00 AM 7.0.1.1

is the problem (we had it with Elite Desk 800G3 systems)

solution:

in the command console go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

and rename the fille "HpqKbFiltr.sys"

reboot and everything is fine.

It would be good to know how to prevent this update in advanced.... here is just the solution when it's to late...

HP Recommended

While there is no official fix for this error. Few users got success by trying these tested methods. Here's how to Fix Blue screen windows 10 WDF_VIOLATION stop code error 

This should be noted that microsoft has currently paused the rollout of the october 2018 windows 10 update

HP Recommended

Windows 10 will not boot from today 10th Oct 2018.

Getting BSOD and Stopcode WDF Violation.

Was told to change file name of hpqkbfiltr.sys to .old, but file was not present in windows\system32\drivers, so at the mo PC is inoperable

HP Recommended

So 9/10 cases it was hpqkbfiltr.sys - we have one where the file doesn't exist and no idea what to do next.

We've logged a ticket with both Microsoft and HP but so far not getting anywhere.

HP Recommended

now we have also one of this examples, where the file described is missing. Very interested in for a propper solution thatfor.

HP Recommended

I've now got three PCs where the HpqKbFiltr.sys driver does not exist yet they have the same symptoms. Has anyone found another solution?

HP Recommended

I have 5 ProDesk 800 G3 SFF computers that are stuck in a “windows could not start, try one of these automatic fixes” loop after this update. None of them have the keyboard driver. So far the only solution has been to “refresh” the computer which means I have to reinstall all the programs. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've found the below on Reddit but I haven't got a PC I can test this on right now. Has anyone else tried this?

The fix for us was checking a log file that was dumped by the automatic repair at C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt that indicated the below driver was the issue for us:

Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\wd\wdfilter.sys is corrupt.

Once we renamed that driver in command prompt, computer booted.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.