cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvanb
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WHEN REBOOTING MONITOR STATUS SCREEN READS NO DVI, VGA SIGNAL GOING TO SLEEP.

HP Recommended
PAVILION P7-1414
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Lately the last few months whenever the CPU has been rebooted most times it does not reboot correctly. 

The monitor will display a "Monitor Status" screen  an it reads "VGA NO SIGNAL, DVI NO SIGNAL, GOING TO SLEEP"  then the monitor screen goes black.  

To get the CPU to reboot properly it has to be rebooted several times 10-20 or more times them the CPU will reboot correctly. 

This problem seems to be getting worse, it is needing to be rebooted many more time before it will reboot correctly.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alvanb,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP support assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the  issue persists, please follow these steps here: 

Messages display on the monitor when the computer starts, shuts down, or enters suspend mode. Some messages that can display are:

• Going to Sleep
  • No input signal
  • No signal detected
  • Signal Out of Range
  • Sync Out of Range
  • Cable disconnected
  • Check cable connection
  • Warning-PC entering power save mode

... or similar.

These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation