Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 20 AIO
Linux

This machine ate its original HDD. I put in a new one, and installed Linux on it.

On boot, it gets past the HP logo, displays GRUB screen, @nd when I hit enter, it turns black, and a few seconds later starts a colored flashing sequence and I have to push the power button.

Then I start again, hit ESC, get the menu to go to bios, and other settings, on of which is ‘continue boot’.

Sometimes it will sometimes it won’t.

My thinking is it is still looking for Windows(not sure but the word ‘windows’ is there somewhere).

HOW can I remove windows from the bios? If possible, or do a start up without having to fiddle with boot menus and the such?

tia

Bill

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had to go into the bios and disable the part of it that wanted to boot Windows(which is long gone).

just wish there were a way to rid the bios & machine of anything related to MS Windows!

IMO, it is kind of silly to build a machine that is dedicated to the worse OS’s possible.

anyway, it is starting fine now, so I’ll live with the silliness.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.