Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop

I really need help to get me out of this black screen I’ve asked help on Microsoft and they didn’t help me with getting me off of this and what ever I do try to get it off it just doesn’t come off and I’m panicking really badly. All I did is that I started up my pc and repeatedly pressed the number 4 and it took me here and I have no idea how to get out.

image.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Contact HP Support (Link).

Tap the "F2" key if your keyboard is working.

Run system tests using HP diagnostics. 

Boot Device Not Found means the bootloader is corrupt or the HDD, and possibly the motherboard HDD SATA controller, may be failing.

Depress and hold down the power switch to shut down. Restart the PC and see what happens. Try HP diagnostics again.

Regards

HP Recommended

Every time I would do the testing it always fail, and I’m not sure why but if you want the error code and I’ll link you up with the code

the error code is:

RUWF0C-93G9NP-XD7W2J-60RRo3 

and this is the error code it has always gave me

HP Recommended

Hi,

The error code indicates the HDD has failed.

You have to replace the drive and reinstall the operating system on the replacement drive.

You might be able to get data off the old HDD if it is readable as a data drive connected to a different PC or use a SATA to USB adapter to connect to a PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

Will a flash drive work for my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi KieleyLancaste,

Will a flash drive work for doing what?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.