Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I power on it's asking for a password it's a used labtop I never had password

HP Pavilion DV4000
Microsoft Windows XP

I purchased a used laptop and haven't been able to get any further than powering it on because it needs a password I try putting random numbers and on the 3rd time it says SYSTEM DISABLED(13697) can someone please help me get passed this 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I power on it's asking for a password it's a used labtop I never had password

@jrl42esd

Please check your other post.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm really new to all this and am unable to find my other post. I'm sorry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jrl42esd

Reboot and when asked for the password enter   g x s r v w

Use that code to go into the BIOS.

Disable all passwords that are enabled.

If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.

If asked for NEW password just hit enter.

If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.

Save and exit.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unable to get in my computer it gives me an error messages of "it says you can't sign in to your device right now . Go to account.live.com to fix the the problem or try the last password you use on your on this device" .I have tried to change password on use the last password nothing works 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can not get pass the screen that says password none of the passwords that I have used work I can not reboot the computer either 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation