Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I power up my PC (750-405t) my screen stays blank.

Envy Desktop - 750-405t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I power up my PC (Envy Desktop 750-405t) my screen stays blank. I don't even see the HP logo displayed during start up. I have to press the power button lightly several times to put the PC to sleep (flashing power button) and then move the mouse to wake it up. Sometimes I have to do this several times but eventually when it wakes up, the display comes on and is fine for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if this is a video card issue or monitor issue. Originally I thought it was possibly the battery on the mother board and after replacing it, the problem went away but now it has started again. This started after the big Windows 10 update that came out a month or two ago.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Open "Settings", and then "Power" settings.

Your computer may be configured to "dim" the screen after 10 minutes, and put the computer to "sleep" after 30 minutes.

There are settings for when running on battery-power, and for when running on AC power.

You may change the values, including to the 'never' setting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion but I turned off all automatic sleep settings when this started and it didn't help. It only happens on start - up / power up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  I'm not sure if this is a video card issue or monitor issue.

I'm not sure if this is a motherboard issue, or a video-card issue, or a monitor issue.

Obviously, with your desktop, you can easily try a different monitor, and try connecting your monitor to a different computer.

Considerably less easy is to try a different video-card.

Extremely more difficult is to change the motherboard.

> Originally I thought it was possibly the battery on the motherboard and after replacing it,

> the problem went away but now it has started again.

If you again change that battery, do the symptoms vanish?

I doubt that changing the video-card will have any benefit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have another monitor but I can try hooking my monitor up to my Laptop (have done it in the past).

I don't seem to have any other weak mother board battery symptoms but I may give it a try. The battery change only helped for about a week.

I noticed a change in how the PC boots up after the Windows 10 update. It used to finish starting up after entering my PIN in the start up window, now when I enter the PIN the PC is already booted up and ready to go.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation