Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop PC GT12-1000i (ID 1N3Z1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

EA88043C-018B-4393-A6DB-90FE948FC52A.jpeg

When Windows 11 is restarted, only a black screen is shown and the LED on the motherboard lights up.

After Windows is closed, Windows should be started again, but it does not restart and only a black screen is displayed. And the LED is the light at the location in the picture.

I reinstalled Windows 11 and replaced the motherboard at the service center, but the same problem appears.

It is very inconvenient because it is not possible to restart Windows 11.

Help me plz

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Banana0117

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing black screen-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

May I know if you got the motherboard replaced from an HP service center? 

Also, how did you perform the Windows 11 reinstallation?

I would suggest you please use the link below and follow the steps. Once done, let me know the outcome of it: CLICK HERE

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello

It happened suddenly after using Windows 11 for a 1 month.

There were no hardware changes, and it happened about a month after installing Windows 11.

The motherboard was replaced by an HP service center.

After format, I reinstalled Windows 11 about 6 times.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

May I know how did you perform the reinstallation? Did you use cloud recovery?

Let me know.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

windows11

I downloaded it from the Microsoft website and did a clean install.

HP Recommended

According to the info I've found, after disable XMP and restart normally. How can I test it?

HP Recommended

When can I get an absolutly reply?

HP Recommended

I am sorry for my delayed response.

Could you use the link below and perform the clean reinstallation using the media created with the link here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641788 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

After entering the BIOS by pressing ctrl + F10, if you set the XMP profile to '3200hz' instead of 'defalt', it restarts normally.

But I don't want to run XMP.

HP Recommended

Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading it started installing. Just after installing I restarted my laptop and after restarting the laptop it firstly showed "Updates Are Underway" an then it restarted and showed installing updates and after completion of the update installing phase the display showed me black screen with little bit of light and in the background it was showing "Preparing Windows" And it showed me "Preparing Windows" for almost 1.5 hours after waiting for 1.5hours for "Preparing Windows" the "preparing windows" disappeared but the screen was still black and i was bought to "Login Screen" after that the laptop started and everything seemed normal.

But, then I shut down my laptop and after few hours I started it but after starting it the laptop showed me DELL logo and it loaded for few seconds and then I got stuck on same "Black screen before logging In".

My laptop is capable for the windows 11 update still i am getting this problem.

Any support would be helpful

See more

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.