Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-R180a

when powering up it alternates between to alarm type noises then after approx 1 min this screen appears  and it shut back off after several seconds as the page says any help would be appreciatederror page.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0014. I had the same problem. Immediate fix  is to download, install (from an occasional successful boot attempt or after resetting the BIOS  at startup) the HP BIOS Configuration Utility, and use it to reset BIOS defaults. Seems  to work better that doing it from within the BIOS. Lockups may still occur from time to time but less often in my case. My opinion is that a BIOS update is required. Occasionally, I get CMOS checksum error #501. Have yet to find any info on this error.

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the advise but it never gets past the screen shown in my post and it won’t go to bios I’ve only had that screen stay on once and I’m not sure how that happened but even then I was not able to access anything. This PC was working it’s had no modifications just started doing this out of the blue very frustrating 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.