Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-214 F3D65AA#AB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I looked on here already, but when you check for the drivers and such, there is no BIOS section to where you can download the latest one. Any idea?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Oxicoi

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2AF7)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Pavilion-500-Desktop-PC-series/5399647/...

CLICK ON VIEW ALL

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2AFE)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Pavilion-500-Desktop-PC-series/5399647/...

CLICK ON VIEW ALL

REO

HP Recommended

Hello Oxicoi

Do you have a compelling reason to update your PC's BIOS?

Your PC has two BIOS updates when you check updates for Windows 8.1 (factory operating system). You're now running Windows 10, so you have to sometimes change the default operating system at the HP download site to review specific operating system updates available from HP.

But the BIOS updates for Windows 8.1 SSID's don't match your PC's motherboard SSID. Both BIOS updates fix UEFI security.

So you have two possible problems.

1. The BIOS updates may abort or damage your PC as they were meant to be run in Windows 8.1

2. The BIOS updates may abort or damage your PC because the SSID's don't match your motherboard SSID.

I admit I have no idea what the SSID means (Googled it with no luck) and why some HP BIOS updates have different SSID's. I have never seen any clarification on this but I have seen HP push bad BIOS updates in HPSA. Also. some forum members say you can run the BIOS update in different operating systems with success, but other members warn users against this.

So be very careful before you take the BIOS update plunge.

Grzy

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz   and   @Oxicoi

SSID 2AF7   =   Memphis  Motherboard

SSID 2AFE   =   Jasmine  Motherboard

REO

HP Recommended

Hello REO51ST

Thanks for the info.

Why do HP list BIOS updates for other motherboards on a specific model support site when it is obvious it will fail?

Oxicoi has the JasmineR motherboard.  Why is the Memphis motherboard BIOS update on this HP support site?

It is confusing. I am trying to get a handle on this. How did you find this information? Did I miss something that was staring me right in the face?

Grzy

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz   and   @Oxicoi

This site is changing and I am not sure of the future for it.

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/Default.htm?app=psml-gcsnhpi

BIOS.JPG

You can run the BIOS Simulator and see the ID's there

REO

HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks

HP Recommended

I would like to say that I have a Jasmine Motherboard and the BIOS version is lower than the one I have. My BIOS version is 80.46. If this is the latest, I would love to know. If this isn't, how do I get the latest?

HP Recommended

Hello Oxicoi

Where did you or how did you get BIOS version 80.46?

BIOS update 80.15 is the latest version (Jasmine motherboard) when checking for an HP BIOS update using Windows 8 1 as the operating system. There are no HP BIOS updates when using Windows 10 as the operating system.

Windows 7 shows a BIOS update version 80.22.

Your BIOS version (80.46) may not be the latest version even though the version number is higher than the last BIOS update for Windows 8.1 (version 80.15). I have no idea how HP identifies BIOS version updates??

There are no other BIOS updates except for what we have talked about.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Well I don't know how to tell if mine is Jasmine or the other. Both simulators look the same. The only one that looks like mine when I press ESC to see that blue start menu is Memphis, BUT when I look at the motherboard viewer, the Jasmine has that "MS-7778" written on it and that what mine has. Mine is a MS-7778 Ver: 1.0 That's what it says in the center of the motherboard.

I'm really confused to know what I have and how I even got this and my OS version is Windows 10.

EDIT: I don't know how I got 80.46, it just tells me on Specifications when I use the HP support assistance.

EDIT 2: System board is 2AE0 1.0

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.