Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a010 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My AiO is only a 1 year and 3 months old. It started giving me the message "Error sending End Of Post message to ME: HECI disabled, procedding with boot!" when I would boot computer up. The message will go away and the computer will boot up. After using the computer for a few hours it will just freeze and I will have to hold power switch to turn off. I have researched the error message and the consensus is that it is a bad BIOS or harddrive. I noticed that there is 2 BIOS updates to chose from. Both match the SSID: 81B7 of my motherboard. Which update should i use? 

HP Consumer Desktop PC Netclone BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 81B7) or 

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 81B7)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cougars44, welcome to the forum.

Netclone is a program used to clone virtual machines on an network.  I don't believe that your BIOS would have this option.  Therefore, if you are going to update the BIOS use the version that doesn't have Netclone.  You should be extremely careful when updating the BIOS when it is needed.  A failed BIOS update will make a good boat anchor.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Which BIOS version set have you currently got?

Description:

This package provides an update to the HP consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family 81B7) for supported models running a supported operating system

Fix and enhancements:

- Provides a rollback of the CPU microcode to the previous version to improve system stability.
F.39 Rev.A    8.9 MB    Dec 25, 2017
F.38 Rev.A    8.9 MB    Nov 14, 2017

OR this version set...

F.64 Rev.A    8.9 MB    Dec 28, 2017

HP Recommended
F.39
HP Recommended

F40?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended
Do u know what Netclone is?
HP Recommended

@cougars44, welcome to the forum.

Netclone is a program used to clone virtual machines on an network.  I don't believe that your BIOS would have this option.  Therefore, if you are going to update the BIOS use the version that doesn't have Netclone.  You should be extremely careful when updating the BIOS when it is needed.  A failed BIOS update will make a good boat anchor.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.