Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Touch smart 600-1050

Will not start - blinking white light under monitor.  I find references to other colors but nothing for the lights under the screen.  It was working one day and the next time I sat down the white light was blinking and it would not even try to start.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Disconnect the AC power from your computer.

Reconnect the AC power.

Try to power-on your computer.

Tell us how it goes.

HP Recommended

I unplugged and tested before.  There are no other lights just the one blinking under the screen.  

HP Recommended

Possibilities:

1. failed motherboard

2. failed CPU

3. bad RAM

4. failed disk-drive

Does the light blink in any "pattern" ?

I think that you have a hardware-related problem, that is beyond the capabilities of anyone on this forum to recommend any solution, other than "part-swapping" the above components.

Is the HP warranty for the computer still valid?  If so, HP will repair the computer, at no cost to you.

If it has expired, then HP will diagnose and repair the computer, for a fee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.