18 13 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Pro v1803 not installing to Hard drive because of UEFI nonsense

HP Z220 CMT Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Hewlett Packard. 

I need Help. I have got Windows 10 v1803 64 bit professional ISO from Microsoft servers it's insider preview build 17134. 

this is what it tells me > http://ipsite.org/42hl 😭 is there a way to get around this crap?

if this is what i get How am i going to install Windows Server 2019 "Build 17713" x64

the only thing that my PC accepts is Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 x64

Dat Sh!t Old.

when using Windows 7 with NVIDIA NVS 310 its not strong enough for the Aero interface and windows vista engine crap.

Paul Tikkanen any advice buddy. i want to run a Counter-Strike 1.6 Server with Windows Server 2019 or else if i cant get Windows Server 2019 to install then i will have to use Windows Server 2003 R2 Std service pack 2 x64 VL ISO

the only problem with windows server 2003 R2 Sp2 is that the API built into Half Life dedicated server spams nonsense in the command prompt and the HLDS pops up a shut down error when i manually close HLDS.exe WHAT The hell?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Pro v1803 not installing to Hard drive because of UEFI nonsense

@deanabiepepler wrote:

1. Hello Hewlett Packard. 

2. I have got Windows 10 v1803 64 bit professional ISO from Microsoft servers; it's insider preview build 17134. 

3. This is what it tells me > http://ipsite.org/42h

4. is there a way to get around this [Canadian Association of Retired Persons] ?

5. (( NSFW language removed )) 

6. when using Windows 7 with NVIDIA NVS 310 it's not strong enough for the Aero interface & Windows vista engine  

1. This is a "user-to-user" forum, with volunteers responding to questions.  Any HP staff responding here identify themselves as such, but do not speak on behalf of HP.

2. OK.

3. From the image, you seem to be trying to install onto a disk-drive that uses the older 'MBR' style of partition-definition, and there are existing partitions on the disk-drive, not the new 'GPT' style of partition-definition.

So, try to install to a brand-new "blank" disk-drive, and Windows will use GPT to create new partitions.

Or, connect the disk-drive as a "secondary" device in some other computer, and use the 'CLEAN' command within the 'DISKPART.EXE' command-line utility to completely "blank" the disk-drive, including the MBR information.

4. At that menu, choose the "advanced" option, to delete, one-by-one, all 3 of the existing partitions, to try to "blank" the disk-drive. Then, let the Windows Installer use GPT to create new partitions.

5. Oh, “Ship High In Transit.” In other words, load a container of this cargo high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the storage area would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of explosive methane.  One spark, and the methane ignites, and blows-up the cargo-ship.

6. How old is your computer that is the target of the installation?  Can you swap-in a new graphics adapter card, that is compatible with Windows Aero?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation