Gerry001
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10fogottenpassword

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion P6-2388ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I recently changed my password on my microsoft account and I seemed to have changed my password on my pc I now cannot remember the pc password (local) admin

Is there anyway of resetting it without losing all my data by doing a full recovery ofthe system ?

3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It should be.  Look here

https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Gerry001
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply I have across this site butthe problem Ihave with this solution is the BIOS

I am not sure how to go about this  the instruction isfirst start by booting your windows 10installation in to the setup by changing the boot order BIOS to take priority with cd or use the ISO as start up disk instead

When I go into the UEFI screen it shows the following 

UFEI Boot Sources

WINDOWS Boot Manager

USB Floppy/Cd

USB Hard Drive

UEFI : Ipv4 network card

UFEI : Ipv6 networkcard

Then greyed out is Legacy Boot Source : Disabled

Options F5 = Disable

Enter : Drag

F10 = accept

ESc = cancel

I am not sure what to do here as I have read in other sites that if make changes you could damage your operating system

Any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can make the Windows 10 media by going here with a working PC

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  If you make the USB version, leaving it in the USB port, and after it has completed, then go back to booting up and get into the boot screen, the bootable USB with Windows 10 media on it should show up in the souces.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation