Jumbo3
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Creators update as fried my pc

Pavillion 500 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc automaticaly downloaded the windows Creators update last night, and after the update it will not boot past the HP logo, I can get to the system restore but the system will still not restore or go back to a previous version, searching around the internet brings up lots of HP users having the same problem since the windows creators update, any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 4 hharih5
Level 4
81 81 5 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that you are facing a Concern with Creators Update for the HP Pc   

Unfortunately, we do not have any clear understanding why there are concerns related to Creator’s update since the Developers version of creator’s update worked fine

The Best suggestion for your concern now is to Re-install the Windows OS using Recovery Media

Kindly contact HP Support to get to know more about Recovery Media for the OS

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

0 Kudos
Jumbo3
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I may have got the name of the update wrong, but it is definatly the update which is affecting HP computers, I found a recent link on the HP webite which acknowledges the up date problem, my HP pc came with a preinstalled Windows 10, and NO recovery disk, incedently my neighbours HP also fried after the update, do HP supply a windows recovery disk ?, I dont have the means to download now so would need a acctual disk, thanks for any help.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-will-not-start-boot-after-windows-u...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4 hharih5
Level 4
81 81 5 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes - You will be able to get a Recovery Media 

But it still depends on Model of your pc and it may also involve some cost if shipping is Involved

Since im not sure about the Region and Warranty information of your PC 

Kindly contact HP Support for your region to get further support 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation