Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

Envy 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Right from buying this sometimes would switch off and have trouble booting up or starting. As time gone on it was once a month to once a week till we have only been able to use this about 6 days in last 6 months. I'm so wild I would throw it out the window. One of the worst electronics purchases in my life!
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

Hi

I would ensure a clean shutdown.

PWR and LID.png

The fast startup is not selected, and the PWR button does shut down.

When that has finished, Unplug from the wall to ensure it has shutdown.

Run some diagnostic checks when next you power up. 

However I would have suggested a Warranty claim, but it may now be beyond that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

There are two free softwares for checking your system, running them to see how your PC works after that.

They are Wisecare 365 and Glary Utilities, you should try them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

It actually wont even turn on.  

Really its only been able to be turned on about 50 to 100 times and now wont even do anything more than screen vaguely flashes some light, no progam nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

Hi

Well since it will switch on the Monitor, we will start with a dead pC to all intents and purposes.

I would remove the Hard disk drive or just disconnect it. Then disconnect any thing else you can to leave a basic motherboard, keyboard and mouse included.

Then remove the memory carefully.  So now you have a PSU, Mainboard and monitor attached. 

So now at power on you should get some kind of response, a warning beep or error on the screen.

If you are not getting a POST and BIOS happen then it is probably best to write it off.

If you dont, then I suspect you have a duff system and should consider a refurb system only for few dollars.

The MainBoard or CPU would be faulty in my opinion.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 141 478
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

@Printwizard

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't power up properly

I am in New Zealand, not uk also...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation