Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion all in one

Was working perfectly up to yesterday now won’t turn on. I have checked the power supply, I can see a white light next to the power lead at back of unit. Nothing else happens. It is quiet new, probably just out of guarantee. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First thing to try is to unplug the power cord from the wall and from the back of the PC.  Then hold the power button in for 30 seconds.  Then plug the power cord back into the back of the PC and into the wall.  Try to power on again.

Verify that the wall outlet has power by using another device such as a lamp.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi all in one would not switch on. I have resolved the problem. I opened the machine, and located the battery on the motherboard. I removed the battery and found it now powers up perfectly with the battery removed. After powering off, battery refitted and it has worked perfectly since.

I did try the other things suggested here, unplug lead and hold power button but nothing else worked. Thank you to the discussion group for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.