Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't wake up

HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer goes to sleep and won't wake up.  I've tied moving the mouse, then clicking on a key, then touching the power button.  Eventually I give up and turn it off.  Then back on.  It's 4 months old, so not expecting this to happen 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 565 1,265
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't wake up

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can only provide general advice because this problem is tough to solve.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Check for driver updates at the HP Download site for your new HP PC. Don't know your product number so I can't direct you to this site.

Did you change any any general or specific device power settings in Control Panel, Power Options or Device Manager?

A peripheral device connected to your PC could cause this issue.

Run HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics (Link) to check your PC's hardware.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
380 380 34 72
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't wake up

There was an issue a while ago with some HP All-in-Ones with Intel CPU's where the intel graphics driver was updated from Windows update and it stopped the unit from waking up. You had to switch it off/on to get it work.

THAT fix was to roll back the video driver.

Can you share the MODEL of your HP Pavilion? That will help to narrow the help field.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation