Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wouldnt boot into Windows, had to install new Windows 7 from Microsoft now requiring a Product Key

All IN One Smartouch 520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi HP Support
I have an All-In- One HP computer (Touchsmart 520 PC) that was running Windows 7 home. It belonged to an elderly lady who has asked me to repair it if possible since nobody she called wanted to touch it. All hardware was working and checked out but Windows just would not boot.(black screen)
I have the product key from the actual machine [edit] but no software. I was able to obtain an original Windows 7 Pro (Microsoft version) and reinstalled that. The computer is now working well but it will require registration within 30 days.
I tried entering the above key but it failed I am sure because its Windows Pro Microsoft and not the original HP Windows 7 Home OEM.
What is the best course of action now?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,311 107,492 17,027 26,072
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wouldnt boot into Windows, had to install new Windows 7 from Microsoft now requiring a Product Key

Hi:

The Home Premium product key won't work on a Pro version.

Download the W7 Home Premium ISO file from this site and use that to install W7.

https://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64...

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft utility below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive, so that it is bootable.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation