Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z200
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The most recent release of the Z200 workstation BIOS (1.22) corrupts the Intel Management Engine (ME) such that the system shuts down exactly 30 minutes after boot, every single time.  This is because the ME part of the BIOS was released in a pre-release "manufacturing mode" which is only intended for temporary system use.  I have tried to revert to an earlier BIOS version, but this does not fix the problem, due to protection of the ME region of the BIOS.  There are a number of Z200 users who have tried to find a workaround for this, but apparently it requires hacking the BIOS image, using old versions of Intel tools, etc etc.  I realize that the Z200 is an older machine, but it's a perfectly good workstation that a lot of us are still using, and I think it's very disappointing that HP's last firmware release for it basically renders the system unusable.  Is anything going to be done about this?  From my understanding, the fix is not anything complex - someone basically needs to rebuild the BIOS with the ME part of it in release mode.  HELP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.