Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z200 last BIOS release shuts down machine 30 min after boot due to corrupted Intel Management Engine

HP Recommended
Z200
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The most recent release of the Z200 workstation BIOS (1.22) corrupts the Intel Management Engine (ME) such that the system shuts down exactly 30 minutes after boot, every single time.  This is because the ME part of the BIOS was released in a pre-release "manufacturing mode" which is only intended for temporary system use.  I have tried to revert to an earlier BIOS version, but this does not fix the problem, due to protection of the ME region of the BIOS.  There are a number of Z200 users who have tried to find a workaround for this, but apparently it requires hacking the BIOS image, using old versions of Intel tools, etc etc.  I realize that the Z200 is an older machine, but it's a perfectly good workstation that a lot of us are still using, and I think it's very disappointing that HP's last firmware release for it basically renders the system unusable.  Is anything going to be done about this?  From my understanding, the fix is not anything complex - someone basically needs to rebuild the BIOS with the ME part of it in release mode.  HELP!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation