Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after updating bios on the pc these is not way replace the hd with ssd

HP 510 p-136
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this pc 2 days ago updated windows ect ect then i updated bios to the latest version 20 on hp website, then i decide to upgrade the hard drive with an samsung evo ssd ,Wrong move to late now my ssd wont boot to windows and i can not downgrade the bios to make it work> i called hp helpless paid 99.00$ for nothing which will get reimburse soon i hope i wasted so much time trying to fix it read all kind of ways in the hp forum to make it work no luck.I am not crazy about this pc now also for hp  making this so hard to do with no help whatsoever.when i try to downgrade bios i was  getting an error and i gave up returned the ssd and help the hd for now.Anyone knows a solution to this problem beside whats posted on the forum.I have to wait for a new bios upgrade that works or smth in the near future that actually works.Please any help with be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,469 22,124 2,554 8,584
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@endrik38, welcome to the forum.

I understand that you want to install a SSD in your new computer.  Is the original hard drive still the same as it came from the factory?  If so, I believe I can help you solve your problem.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
721 699 9 58
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you are so quick to blame. why?

first learn (discover , prove )then lay blame if at all.  gee. golly wiz.

first off look in the mirror,  ?

you didnt ask how to do upgrades first.! and is tricky on new UEFI systems. (secure) {ask first}

its not easy nor simple or risk free, so you took that risk and did not ask HP for help first, here.

error one is flashing BIOS , leave BIOS alone, for a FACT, unless HP tells you its needed, based on real problems, unstated.

you even risk bricking the PC playing with BIOS. !!!

this PC has 14 bios versions, and must match yoUR SSID, if not you will fail.... leave it alone ,PLEASE!

and in 4 classes that must never ever be mixed up.

So HP 510p136

HP Pavilion Desktop

facts

it came with windows. 10 64bit.  tell me how in the world can you up date that, (w10 auto updates, you cant , as it only does, PUSHED from MS)

if the PC is ok, runs perfectly , 2 days ago.?

then the next step is to clone the HDD to SSD, using a free tool , ask!

the OS must be clean, no infections ,etc, or the cloned drive will be same. (your risk)

if the old HDD is bad or infected then win 10-64 bit needs to be loaded from scratch (ms allows free downloads but may fail to activate in the 30 day time rule)s,  ask Hp for  the HP media kit for you PC, they have it. get it.

but you just turn off  BIOS secure boot , bit in bios first. before installs. of any OS.

that is about it.  the full story is covered in HP documents, if you wish to read that, ask.

IMO

btw 2:

PS. the bios new is not down gradeable, due to the new UEFI rules, that HP does not make but follows to the letter.

when you saw the HP page, the BIOS page, click details first.

see this.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

my guess is you go picked the wrong BIOS of 15 and did not read this line above.

HP has a fix but takes direct intervention to cure, (a custom to you, SSID, coded, BIOS BINARY)

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes it is the hard drive is the oem that come in with the desktop @ old_geekster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,469 22,124 2,554 8,584
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @endrik38.

This is what you need to do.  Put the original hard drive back into the computer.  If it hasn't been changed the system should boot without any problems.  Once this is done, please let me know what happened.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation