Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all in one touchscreen

So my computer will not stay powered on. I have unplugged it. When I plug it in the led light in the back lights up but as soon as I hit the power button it goes off.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would look at the external power supply or a possible component short or component failure.

Regards

HP Recommended

I purchased a new power cord. No change

HP Recommended

@Dawn36 

Trying a different power cord is a good start.

You have a All In One PC. Most components are integrated on the motherboard. Integrated motherboard component failure equals replacing the motherboard if the external power supply is okay.

I would look at the external power supply or a component short which causes the external power supply to shut down when you depress the power switch. I can only guess the power supply is in trouble or you have short which causes the power supply protection circuit to shut down power to the PC.

Disconnect unnecessary peripherals if you have any connected to your PC when you start the PC.

You have to troubleshoot all components in the system. Any integrated or discrete component connected to the system, or the motherboard itself, or the power supply could cause this symptom.

It may be a good idea to have a local PC tech diagnose the problem if you don't have a HP warranty.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.