Did you mean: 
Dawn36
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

all in one will not power on

HP Recommended
HP all in one touchscreen

So my computer will not stay powered on. I have unplugged it. When I plug it in the led light in the back lights up but as soon as I hit the power button it goes off.

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would look at the external power supply or a possible component short or component failure.

Regards

0 Kudos
Dawn36
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased a new power cord. No change

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dawn36 

Trying a different power cord is a good start.

You have a All In One PC. Most components are integrated on the motherboard. Integrated motherboard component failure equals replacing the motherboard if the external power supply is okay.

I would look at the external power supply or a component short which causes the external power supply to shut down when you depress the power switch. I can only guess the power supply is in trouble or you have short which causes the power supply protection circuit to shut down power to the PC.

Disconnect unnecessary peripherals if you have any connected to your PC when you start the PC.

You have to troubleshoot all components in the system. Any integrated or discrete component connected to the system, or the motherboard itself, or the power supply could cause this symptom.

It may be a good idea to have a local PC tech diagnose the problem if you don't have a HP warranty.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation