Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

>  cannot find setting in BIOS ...

Are you sure?

Most BIOS SETUP menus do have something under the "Power" section, allowing for scheduling of "wake-up" events.

Can you use your smart-phone to snap a picture of your BIOS SETUP screen, and attach it here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

2017-07-05 16.05.18.jpgHere is my power options in BIOS. I have done this many times in the past. I have never seen a BIOS without RTC alarm settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

[Power]

After AC Power Failure [Auto]

XD (Execute Disable) [Disabled]

I think that 'Auto' means that if your computer was running when the AC power is lost, your computer will restart when the AC power is restored.   Probably not good, if you leave your computer on when you're out of your home, and there is a power "bump".  It could restart, with a small possibility of a "power-spike" when the power is restored, and the slight possibility of internal combustion.  I would set it to 'Off'.

XD is a feature exploited by Windows, to mark sections of RAM as "data" or as "instructions" ("add X to Y").

Some computer-viruses try to overlap their selected "data" into an area where Windows has "instructions", with the hope that Windows will to try execute their "data" as "instructions", not realizing that the Windows "instructions" have been replaced by rogue instructions.  I would set it to 'Enabled'.  If it causes problems (as it does with iTunes under Windows Vista), just turn it off.  Or leave it on, system-wide, and customize Windows to NOT use XD for that one specific application.

[Advanced]

Nothing in that section about the RTC ???  Picture?

[Boot]

Nothing in that section about the RTC ???  Picture?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

Here is the other sections.Advanance F10.jpgBoot.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

Found I could do a ctrl+F10. It added some setting but no help.

Power ctrlF10.jpgAdvanance ctrlF10.jpg

Main and Boot had no changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

I don't see anything, other than a sub-menu for "Hardware Monitor".  Unlikely, but is there anything there?

Is there an updated BIOS available for the motherboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

Thanks for looking into this for me. I will do something with sleep mode. We are just using this old computer to do a menu sign. All the other one I did had the setting and would shut down at night and com on the next morning. Just never seen a BIOS without RTC alarm setting. It is the latest version I found at HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

auto turn on 500B MT

hello did you manage to sort this out or did you gave up? 

i have revised the bios  and is latest update  april 2010 but not find squeshulle power on  utility.  is crazy  but even old computers have this great utility.

i need this to power on the system as this is going to be used in a machine to power on everyday.

is ther e any help?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation