• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

bad disk

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

FYI, this is my first time on this forum.

I bought an h8-1080t over 5 years ago, and I think it’s a lemon. I tried to get my money back from HP during the 30 day money back window, but HP just gave me a runaround, so I’ll never buy another HP product again.  But I’m still stuck with this one, so I’m still trying to get it running.  Here’s the problems:

When I first bought this computer it was locking up once a month or so. Now it’s locking up once a day or more.  What can I do?

One of the two disks seems bad. This has only happened starting serval months ago.  I have a RAID1 mirrored system and, on boot up, I get a message that “Error Occurred(0)” on disk 1. What can I do about this?

Thanks George

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,278
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @george100000,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with the PC not booting into Windows anymore. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to run any test on the PC?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Step 1. Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Step 2. Boot the computer into the Bios and run the DPS self test on the Hard drive.

Once you press the power button to turn on the PC, start tapping Esc key until you see the startup Menu, On the start up menu press the F10 key to enter into the Bios screen.

On the Bios, use the arrow keys to click on Storage and under storage click on DPS Sel=test. Run the extensive test.

Depending on the test results, if all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,661
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Now it’s locking up once a day or more.  What can I do?

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and immediately look for a message like "press <blah> to run HP hardware diagnostics".

Press the <blah> key.

Run the diagnostics, especially for the RAM and for the (mirrored) disk-drive.

> One of the two disks seems bad. This has only happened starting serval months ago. 

> I have a RAID1 mirrored system and, on boot up, I get a message that “Error Occurred(0)” on disk 1.

> What can I do about this?

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and immediately look for a message somewhat like "press CTRL-I to enter RAID SETUP".

Press the specified key (or key-sequence).

Look in the RAID SETUP -- one of the disk-drive in the "mirrored" array may have failed.

The disks could be labelled "zero-and-one" or "one-and-two".

Power-off and disconnect the AC power.

Remove the "failed" disk-drive.

Replace it with one of equal speed (5400 RPM or 7200 RPM) and equal (or larger) capacity.

Reconnect the AC power.

Reboot, and again enter RAID SETUP.

Choose to "rebuild" the array -- copying everything, byte-by-byte, from "old" to "new".

Exit from RAID SETUP.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation