Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillon 590 p0090
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a pavillon 590-p0090

i ve installed and updated  window 10 updated driver from hp support page

everything is going well.

Then after turning the pc off, i install the asus radeon rx 550 4gb i ve bougth for it, plug the screen in the video card and turn the pc. : fan start but no bip as far as i m concern. (i don t remember it bipping when working well before either anyway)

- i tried to plug the display in the motherboard hdmi socket, still no signal.

- I turn off the pc remove the radeon card, plug into the motherboard hdmi, still no signal.

- turn off, remove motherboard batery for a minute, then turn on, still no signal

- Try to start the computer with window 10 recovery in a usb, still nothing

I m out of idea and about to ask newegg for a RMA.

At this point i don't care much about installing or not the rx 550, integrated intel would be ok

hp pavillon 590-p0090
asus k56cm
samsung s7edge
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

*** update ***

while trying to make rx 550 work i had gone trought the input selection of the display and left it on the wrong one.

So once radeon rx 550, removed computer work fine like before.

i ll still try to look about unlocking the bios or otherstuff like it from other post, or any suggestion left here

and i ll update it here if i manage to do for the benefit of other

It should be possible considering the 590-p0057 come with a rx 550 in, wich is the reason i ve bougth it rather then a rx 460 or 560 for wich i was considering the psu to be too low

hp pavillon 590-p0090
asus k56cm
samsung s7edge
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.