Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)

blank screen flashing through colours on attempted boot-up

Product Name: HP Envy23
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

On attempted boot-up, after the hp logo disappears, I get a blank screen that cycles through various colours (red, blue, yellow). Forced shut-down and reboot eventually gets to the Windows password screen and boot-up proceeds normally - but the problem is getting worse: several boot-up attempts needed,

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: blank screen flashing through colours on attempted boot-up

Hi @Alan34

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting normally and sometimes getting stuck on the multi-color window.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2bQHDtg

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

Thanks for the advice - however the problem seems to have gone away for now, so I won't try your solution yet. If it happens again I'll tell you if your solution works

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)

@Alan34

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that Issue is resolved

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance in future.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation