Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i install both ubuntu and windows 10 in hp 15 ba022ax (Product number Y8J18PA)?

hp 15 ba022ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have pre installed windows 10. can i install ubuntu,? i want both of them

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,036 82,928 10,410 22,321
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i install both ubuntu and windows 10 in hp 15 ba022ax (Product number Y8J18PA)?

@sindhu9x

Yes you can. Please try

https://www.tecmint.com/install-ubuntu-16-04-alongside-with-windows-10-or-8-in-dual-boot/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
141 139 13 71
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sindhu9x,

Dual OSs can be a little tricky if you're unfamiliar with partitioning a harddrive. But if you are or would like to be, we do have a similar post about having both win 8 and win 7 on a laptop. Please review this link for a general idea and similar steps.  I highly recommend creating a recovery media for your current harddrive setup before attempting to partition the harddrive and installing a new OS. Also know, that laptops can be far more limiting in fuctionality than desktops, and to research the OS requirements for linux/ubuntu beforea attempting the process. 

I hope this is helpful! 

Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am telling about this particular model. have you checked with the model name?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

" Also know, that laptops can be far more limiting in fuctionality than desktops, and to research the OS requirements for linux/ubuntu beforea attempting the process. "
this part is very tricy, i know how to partition drives, but is his particular model is eligible for that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I suggest a "Live" version and then decide from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what is a live version?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

A "Live" version is a CD/DvD/USB version that boots and runs from your RAM area and does not install, or attempt to install, until you click on it.  Linux Mint is also possible.

The version is a little slow, but enables you to find out if anything needs extra drivers or configuration.

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

https://linuxmint.com/download.php

https://distrowatch.com/

So your Hard Disk is left intact until you commit to an install, knowing you can find any missing drivers.

There are lots of choices, download via torrent or Net install or Use Virtual box.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation