Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot get pc to load

I have a Touchsmart IQ780 PC 2008 model it has been working well till now It has stopped loading the hard drive. Last week it took 6 attempt continuos pressing power button before it would load. now it will not under any circumstance the green light for hdd blinks once then off yet previously it woulf blink continously till the HP logo comes on then the Windows start loading.

I tried the trouble shoot method of unlplugging all non essentials and take power cord off and restart but no effect I hope the hdd isn't fried. The touchscreen still makes noises when you touch it but no picture and DVD drive works but Boot disc has no effect. 8 years without a problem now it dies any suggestions please

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot get pc to load

@chuckt7040

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP TouchSmart IQ780in Desktop PC and it does not boot into Windows. Initially, it would load to Windows after a couple of restart attempts. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to from this link to isolate and arrive at a solution: http://hp.care/2hOAYEm

I sincerely hope this helps. Feel free to let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot get pc to load

Rackman1: Thanks for your input, it sounds like the same problem and symptoms. So maybe the Hard drive is intact but the CPU may be acting up. I’ve tried a hard boot as advised by HP taking every thing off and putting power cord back in only but still same result. It’s driving me batty!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,417 2,073
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot get pc to load

@chuckt7040,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2sF8rbv

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation