Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot log in to windows 10

HP24 g212ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot log into my acct. Started Sunday around 5pm. I tried signing off and recreated new password still cannot log in.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you mean that once you enter your Windows password, you get a "black" screen, instead of the usual Windows "desktop" and "wallpaper" ?

If so, see: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/SOLVED-For-everyone-who-is-having-black-screen...

After September 12, 2017, there is an interaction between new Windows Updates and HP software running on HP computers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it dos the Welcome-preparing windows then sez We can't sign in to acct -sign out and try again. I went to my Microsoft acct. and changed PW and still does it. If i dismiss it I get a temp. profile but of course cannot access any files

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> If i dismiss it I get a temp. profile but of course cannot access any files.

Either your "main" profile is logically corrupted (inconsistent, overlaid), or Windows cannot read some of the blocks from the disk-drive, because the disk-drive is starting to fail.

When logged-in to 'temp',  open File Explorer, and enter:     C:\Users   and press ENTER .

Double-click the name of your "main" profile.

Allow Windows to "change ownership" to allow you to access the files/folder under that account.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation