Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

change of the bios by the network

HP ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use control software and when I turn on the computers from the control position, this instruction by the network changes the bios on computers and makes it possible for them to boot from the network.
How can this be prevented?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I use control software and when I turn on the computers from the control position,

> this instruction by the network changes the bios on computers

> and makes it possible for them to boot from the network.

That is what a "control" workstation is supposed to be allowed to do, in a "centrally-managed" network of computers.

> How can this be prevented?

Remove the "managed" computer from the centralized management environment.

But, "why" do you want to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I meant that when I turn on the computers by Remote Startup, the computers look for their boot on the network first and not on their hard disk, and although I uncheck the boot from the network, this flag is repeated in the above action. How can i prevent the affect of the Remote Startup on the Bios?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I meant that when I turn on the computers by Remote Startup, the computers look for their boot on the network first

That is what "remote management" should be doing, to allow you to "manage" the computer before/after it has booted.

If the computer were to boot from its disk-drive, you cannot "manage" it.

Once you have completed your "management", use the Windows command-line 'shutdown' program with the '/r' option to reboot from the disk-drive.

> although I uncheck the boot from the network, this flag is repeated in the above action.

Exactly what model of computer are you trying to "manage"?

It might have boot-options in the BIOS for both "normal" boot and "network-initiated" boot.

> How can i prevent the affect of the Remote Startup on the Bios? 

What are you trying to do? 

Just to power-on the computers every day at a specific time?

Something else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have also HP Compaq 6200 Pro microtower with Windows 7 and when I  turn on this compuer by the 'Remote startup' from the control software, it dosn't  search any boot from the network! it boot immediately from  the hard disk!

HP Compaq 6200 ProHP Compaq 6200 ProHP ProDesk 600 G2 MTHP ProDesk 600 G2 MT

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation