Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

checking media presence/media present/start PXE over IPv4/start PXE over IPv6

Hi, I have the issue, but when I change the order and make sure IPv4 and 6 are last, they show up first again, even tried to disable them and clicked on f10 to "accept". i reformatted my drive and reinstalled the O/S because I thought that was the issue. I created a "bootable" disk and it ignores it upon booting. At one time I clicked on the windows icon and the letter B, it reset my Bios and it booted with no issues, only to freeze. I held the power button and turned it on again, and I was back to step one. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. 

Jim  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm replying to my own post !! I found the problem. The hard disk has two wires attached. The other end of the smaller one was loose !!! I found out when I bought a new hard drive and removed the wires. The smaller one came off at the other end. It shouldn't come off unless you squeeze the top. This fixed everything. It's the little things you have to look for first !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,983 9,979 937 2,733
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's great that the problem has been solved.  Glad it worked out!!!

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I'm replying to my own post !! I found the problem.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response, so that others will know that this is a "solved" posting.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation