Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cursor freezes, screen goes black.

Pavilion chromebook 14 model c050nr

Hi. I am still experiencing meltdown and seems to be getting worse. Yesterday It happened 4 times in a row within 15 minutes. Once today (so far).. Cursor freezes and screen goes black. Sometimes even the power shuts down (how does and outside problem affect the power stage ??!). This is a Chromebook Pavilion 14 , model c050nr.. I realise it's gotten old. But this virus or whatever it's deemed has nothing to do with that, I'd think, as many many others with newer versions are experiencing the same problem..

What is being done about it at this date and time ?  Thanks, Mark 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MarkinLA

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that your HP Chromebook freezes and also the screen goes black

I'll try my best to help.

I suggest you perform a System Recovery and Reinstall the OS

Please follow the instructions in this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEoUh_phg4

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I have not as yet performed a systems recovery to stop my Lap top from melting down because I believe I was informed that lots of customers are experiencing the same problem and that HP and/or Intel have been working on this. It's happend today now 4 times in 3 hrs.. Are you in fact still investigating the meltdown cause ? Or, is it we who have to do the recovery steps offered ?  Mark 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation