Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
desk top HPslimline 410-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desk top HPslimline 410-010 was working fine. I clicked the close X for the Photo software, and the screen went black, with the middle 3/4 dark grey, and a large black mouse controlled arrow. The Arrow moves in the grey area. Control,Alt Delete did nothing. I shut the machine off/on several times. I replaced the cable from the router to the machine nothing changed

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

What happened when you restarted the PC? Any video at system power on?

Or is the system dead?

If you get any video at system restart you can try running HP Diagnostics (Link). Scroll down this link to see HP UEFI Diagnostic details.

Have you tried a different monitor? I would do this to eliminate a monitor problem. I don't think the monitor is the fault but you never know.

It sounds like a PC hardware problem but could be anything.

Check all connections to the PC. Disconnect printers and any other unnecessary peripherals.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.