cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
andyg4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

dvd rw in a hp dc7900 it says on the screen configuration automatically updated press f1I am locked

HP Recommended
HP DC7900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I put a dvd rw in a HP7900 there was a dvdrom in there it says on the screen configuration automatically updated F1 save changes I hit F1 nothing nothing on the keyboard works I also rebooted held down F1 nothing  computer is locked up HELP

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,092 6,659
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@andyg4 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

With PCs t hat have built in optical drives, the default boot sequence often has that drive first -- so if there is anything in it, the PC will try to boot from it.  Sounds like that is what yours is doing.

Look closely at the optical drive door and see if there is a small hole in the door.  If there is, you need to straighten out a paper clip and push it in the whole to eject the disk from the drive.  Once that is done, the PC should reboot OK.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation