Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 g1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Forum

I got a Elitedesk 800  g1 (i7 - running win 7 64-bit) here that refuse to boot. When pressing the power button the led light up and cpu fan start at low speed. Monitor stays blank. Not even bios. After a minute or so the cpu fan starts to run on the max speed and stays that way until I remove the power. No activity on monitor. Here what I have tried so far:

- Reset the cmos by pressing the reset button (center of mainboard) for 5 seconds without power cord connected

- Remove display adaptor and use motherboard display connector

- disconnect the hard drive and DVD SATA cables

- Remove half of the RAM chips from sockets

Nothing helps, screen stays blank. This machine worked a week ago but it started to be "slow" on it's boot. It could takes minutes before it started to windows. But worked normally when it finally did.

Is this totally brick or is there something I could try?

Machine details:

HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF

s/n [Personal Information Removed]

product: C8N26AV

All help is welcome!

Tajuro 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Turned out that this PC still has warranty. So please do not spend time to figure this out unless you know it already 🙂

Tajuro

HP Recommended
Got word from service. Motherboard need to be replaced. Nice thing that is was still under warranty.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.