cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

enabling integrated video

HP Recommended
HP Elite 8200 sff
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, i am trying to enable the integrated video on a Hp Elite 8200 sff. i have six of these that hopefully going to a special school. i have not installed a separate video card via PCIe however when i turn the pc on i hear 6 beeps in groups of 3, i think, beeps indicating a video problem and the pc then fails to boot so i cannot even enter the bios to enable the integrated system. from what i have discovered on the forum, installing a video card via PCIe would not help as this would not allow on board video enabling.

i need to get into the bios but how do i get around the 6 beep lockout...any suggestions would be most appreciated and i hope i haven't missed solutions to this problem somewhere else on this forum...

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,245 112,425 18,049 27,552
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it is a video problem, but I don't think it is one that can be fixed.

Those beeps would mean that there is an issue with the onboard graphics probably requiring a motherboard replacement, or the addition of a cheap PCIe x16 video card.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to clear the CMOS and hope that may resolve the problem.

See the service manual below...appendix E, pages 304 & 305 for how to clear the CMOS.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

See appendix C, page 257 for how to troubleshoot the 6 beep code...seems if resetting the cmos doesn't work, you will need to replace the system board.  

If you have a low profile video card you can install, see if installing it gets the graphics to work.

The recommended low profile video card would be the Radeon HD 6450.  Readily available and inexpensive.

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanx heaps for your reply and advice. However resetting the CMOS did not work. I must say i am rather dumb-founded to know that integrated video cannot be enabled without a particular 3rd party video card. What's going on  here?  :indifferent:   I didn't have a Radeon but a Nvidia Geforce 9400gt worked. All i need now is 5 more 🙂

Once again thanx and cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,245 112,425 18,049 27,552
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Actually it is very easy to understand (at least I and the manual tried to make it easy to understand).

In short, the integrated video chip on the motherboard is kaput.

That is why the onboard video doesn't work, and why the motherboard has to be replaced if you don't add a discrete video card.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation