Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
H5P56AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a all in one "HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart PC".

Fans work. Everything is normal, no beeping but the screen wont work / PC is on but nothing is displayed. 

How this problem occured:    I was shutting down my PC multiple times (I forgot why i was shutting it down but i did it like 20-25 times non-stop.) Then it was starting up slower then it usually did. Then when i tried to repower it from the shutdown, it powered on but the monitor does not display anything.  

Please help this computer was very expensive and i cant buy another one. But i do have enough money to buy  separate parts like motherboard, hardrive, ram and cpu.

I can replace stuff and i had classes before showing how so i dont have problems with new parts.

But the problem is that I dont know what is broken. Please help. 

Fans work, everthing works exept the screen. There is no beeping.

I tried to boot my computer after removing the harddrive still no beeping. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. My computer was bought in 2009 though, so I would expect the hardware to be dying of old age
HP Recommended

@EetuA

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the fan works, however, the screen remains blank,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted to tap on the F10 and access BIOS to check if there's a display? as that would confirm a hardware or software malfunction.

While I await your reply, here's what you could do to resolve your concern:

Attempt a BIOS recovery

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did try to access it earlier, but the computer kept crashing before I could do anything. Now it crashes after only a second. I believe it's hardware related, maybe the PSU? I'm taking it to a local PC tech wizard guy on Thursday, maybe he can spot the malfunctioning part.
HP Recommended

Hi. I did some stuff you told me like pressing f10 after startup. But nothing happened. I did it like 5 times. After I examined the USB ports i figured out that they are all dead. Sooo when i press f10 nothing is happening because the ports are fried.  

The computer fans still work and the power cord works works but the usb ports and internet ports don't respond. What does this mean?

I tried to charge my iPhone and a Samsung and none of them were charging. 

There is a usb at the back that connects keyboard and mouse to PC and i took it and plugged it in a Chromebook it worked great. And i tried to connect other divides to my broken PC and the PC is ignoring all of them. Please tell me what this means? 
I cant do any bios things like f10 and f5 because my PC is ignoring the mouse, keyboard and other stuff.

Sorry if i wrote something wrong my English isn't that great.

HP Recommended

@william28126

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the fans work, however, the screen does not work, the issue is same as the previous user,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted the steps I had suggested to the previous user?

What is the product number of your device & Which operating system are you using? Use this link to find your product number: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Eagerly awaiting your response for further assistance,

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Did u update to windows 10 recently? And now u are getting a black screen at boot?
HP Recommended

My computer is now up and running again! Turns out the graphics card was dead. The tech support guy took it out and enabled the CPU's integrated graphics card thingy. It runs slower now, but since I'm soon buying a new one, it's fine. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@EetuA

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.